Tuesday, November 8, 2011

No sleep + PMS = What the fuck is everyone staring at?!

I'm usually a happy person.   People describe me as "upbeat", "positive" and ~shudder~  "Perky".  I tend to be giggly with a distinctive dark side.  My favourite description used to date:  "Pink Fluffy Vampire Bunny"... also "Squirrelverine".  

Once every 27 days or so, I tend to be less giggly and more snarly.  I have no patience.  I don't understand why whatever I happen to utter doesn't become immediate law.  Those around me should leave the room, bowing and scraping, to carry out whatever menial tasks I have bestowed upon them.  If I'm feeling extra snarly, a thank you for taking the time to bark out an order in your general direction would not go amiss.

Its not like I'm any more demanding than usual during this time.  My main annoyance is people asking me how I feel about anything.  What I'd like to do - or not do.  Do I want.. blah blah blah... I don't want to make decisions.  I don't want to have a choice.  I couldn't particularly care less about options.  How I feel about almost anything is the same - usually indifference, occasionally utter contempt.  Mostly, I just want to be left alone. 

Today, after getting almost zero sleep last night, I feel exceptionally snarky.  It could be that we finally took our air conditioners out of the window last night - the last in our building to do this... and my body is getting used to having the bedroom at an ungodly temperature of over 65 degrees at night.  Air conditioning should not be removed until the temperature hits below zero.  It could be the peri-menopausal hot flashes - because we all know that on top of a cock-biting uterus that feels like its dragging between one's knees, a little flash of a bazillion degree heat is always fun to add to the mix.  It could be because I couldn't find Dexter on my Rogers on Demand yesterday.  When the hell did that go?!  

I think it might possibly be stress.  I haven't felt this since before I was divorced, so I'm not used to the feeling anymore and I have to analyze it a bit.  But stress just might be it.  

In the meantime, PMS is a reasonable excuse for kicking the odd shin or two, right?  


1 comment: